MIA Members: €60.00
Non-MIA Members: €120.00
Retired Members: €30.00
This session will cover the following:
- Types of transactions: Domestic Sales/Purchases, ICSs/ICAs, Exports/Imports, Distance Sales
- Arriving at the correct VAT treatment, including:
- determination of the place of supply,
- applicability of any exemptions
- liability to charge VAT (general rule vs Reverse Charge)
- how/where to declare in the VAT Return/Recapitulative Statements/Intrastat Forms
- Tax Point and Taxable Value
- Input tax recovery considerations in connection with supplies of goods
- Upcoming changes
Participants are invited to submit one question on the subject-matter which they wish to be addressed during the session. Whilst it remains up to the Lecturer’s discretion which questions to address, the Lecturer will endeavour to address all questions received. The deadline for the submission of questions is Monday 2 September 2019. Participants are of course invited to ask additional questions during the session.
Click here to submit your question
Participants acknowledge that any information provided during the session and queries addressed are exclusively within an educational context and do not constitute advice on the issue.
Saviour is the manager responsible for indirect tax matters at the EY Malta office and forms part of EY’s Global Indirect Tax Network as a local knowledge contact. He joined EY in July 2006 after obtaining the Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons.) from the University of Malta. He is a member of the Malta Institute of Accountants, holds a Diploma in VAT compliance, lectures regularly on VAT and indirect tax matters and is a member of the MIA and MIT Indirect Taxation Committees. Saviour was awarded the 2007 MIA prize as the best student who graduated in the Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons) Degree Course Group 2004/2006.
4 hours Core
VAT Refresher Course and Q&A: a focus on transactions in goods
Organized By: The Malta Institute of Accountants
Type of Event: Seminar
Share Event to your social media.
Date & Time
Wed, 25 September 2019
09:00 - 13:30
Lower Ground, Tower Training Centre, Swatar,
Terms & Conditions