- Define what is Business Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) and big data
- How BI&A can add value in SMEs
- How BI&A can be leveraged while minimising infrastructure expenditure
Topics on the agenda
1. Extraction of knowledge; overview of the Business Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) systems and process
2. Live survey; penetration of BI in local business and comparison with international studies
3. The data driven business; how organisations can leverage data to drive decision making and become a data-driven learning organisation
4. BI&A in your business; how you can start leveraging big data in your business, and overview of scaling of supporting IT infrastructure
Financial controllers, CFO, operational managers
Before joining Grant Thornton as a senior executive, Jason was leading technology advisory in Campion Willcocks (a UK-based advisory firm), and as a contractor working for tier 1 banks has undertaken a number of projects:
- Managing the development of holistic MI and capacity planning suites for at least 80 FTE in an AML/KYC unit. The project also required implementation of a tactical customer outreach approach and building required data management systems.
- Management of day to day programme activities including senior stakeholder engagement and collaboration from key business areas, ensuring end to end delivery.
- Building projections and cash flow models to assess capacity requirements for projects, and conduct variance analysis to ensure resource utilization is on track.
Before moving permanently to Malta, Jason has co-founded and managed a software company in the UK. He led discussions with private equity and venture capital firms and managed the development of a rules-based automated portfolio monitoring tool for financial service institutions.While working for EY Malta Jason worked on valuation and feasibility study engagements. He was subsequently seconded to an AML project in the UK whereby the technology efficiencies he implemented helped steer the project towards meeting the deadlines imposed by the regulator
MIA Members: €35.00
Non-MIA Members: €70.00
Retired Members: €15.00
Auditors, accountants and lawyers
3 hours Professional
Extraction of knowledge within data rich corporations - Big Data and Business Analytics
Organized By: The Malta Institute of Accountants
Type of Event: Seminar
Share Event to your social media.
Date & Time
Wed, 6 February 2019
13:30 - 16:45
Lower Ground, Tower Training Centre, Swatar,
Refer to Terms and Conditions.
Terms & Conditions